Add DoomBuggies' FREE 13-Hour Grandfather Clock to your myspace or blog!


Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Hellboy / Hobbit helmer hoards Haunted Mansion memorabilia

In an interview with Moviehole.net, director Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy I/II, Pan's Labyrinth, The Lovely Bones, the Hobbit) speaks briefly about his "only vice," which is collecting old horror memorablia, including Haunted Mansion collectibles. In fact, he has dedicated an entire room in his new (and as-of-yet unlived in) home to the Haunted Mansion.

"I was just finishing my house and when I mean my house, I mean my house. I’m doing a man cave of epic proportions," del Toro told Moviehole. "My collection of crap was getting so big that my wife said, “Dude, you or us...” I put a secret book shelf door, I put a Haunted Mansion room, I am moving all my stuff there and I was planning on having that as my office for the next five years and then I got the call" (to move to New Zealand to work on "The Hobbit.")

del Toro continues: "I have many iterations of Disney’s the Nautilus. I collect Haunted Mansion memorabilia; I collect any iteration of Chernabog the demon from Fantasia. I own two of the original sketches that Kay Nielsen and the other artist pitched to Disney. I am an obsessive collector and I’ve said in the past, mercifully I do dress like s**t and I drive a really old car, so the only vice I have is collecting this stuff."

Read the full article here.

RIP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home